Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Feature: Checklists


I've been working on this off and on over the last couple of weeks, but I think it's ready for prime time and your scrutiny. I have made available a checklist of birds seen in the blind at San Angelo State Park.

This checklist is specifically for birds in the blind. There are certainly more birds in the park. The O.C. Fisher shore has a couple dozen additional species on it that are not included, plus there are other species I have seen elsewhere in the park (Summer Tanager for one) that I have not included in the checklist. This site is aimed towards photo blinds and as such I wanted to keep the list towards things I've actually seen in the blind.

Weather permitting, I will be out either Thursday night or Friday afternoon to put a small stack on the wall and see how they work out. As the story goes, no plan (or checklist) survives first contact with the target audience.

While I'm at it, I am offering an open invitation to users of public blinds (South Llano River S.P. comes to mind) as well as land/ranch owners who offer blinds for rent: If you have a checklist or would like to establish a checklist, I'm more than happy to post it here. Contact me and we'll talk.

No comments: