Sunday, July 20, 2008

July 20th Report - San Angelo S.P.

John Lennon is quoted as saying that life is what happens when we're making other plans. This describes my Sunday visit to the blind at San Angelo State Park. A slightly later start than normal coupled with a number of things that didn't get done yesterday when I was out taking pictures elsewhere cut my time down to no more than about 90 minutes available to me. The laundry list...





Species List
Bewicks Wren
Black-Chinned Hummingbird (Male & Female)
Black Crested Titmouse (Adults & Juveniles)
Bronzed Cowbird
Brown-headed Cowbird
Curve-Billed Thrasher
House Finch
House Sparrow
Ladder-Backed Woodpecker (Male)
Mourning Dove
Northern Bobwhite Quail (Mating Pair)
Northern Cardinal (2 Mating Pairs and Juveniles)
Northern Mockingbird
Painted Bunting (Female)
Pyrrhuloxia (Male)
Red-Winged Blackbird
White-Winged Dove
Yellow-Billed Cuckoo


On the walk into the blind I saw a Greater Roadrunner, an Eastern Cottontail, Turkey Vulture, and a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher. I heard a Golden-fronted Woodpecker in the parking lot.

The Yellow-billed Cuckoo spent time in the blind a couple of times. The first time he perched on D tree in the same place where I've had nice pictures of Doves and Sparrows, but by the time I got myself oriented to take an image of him he moved on. He did enjoy the mister below Tree D as seen in the picture about.

Not really any other words of wisdom. Again, it was a quick trip in and out because I had other things to do today.

Image: Yellow-billed Cuckoo, San Angelo S.P., (c) 2008 Jim Miller

No comments: