Sunday, May 4, 2008

Welcome!!!

Welcome to the initial entry on Texas Photo Blinds. The purpose of this blog will be to discuss places where photographers can either use an existing blind or setup a portable blind and start shooting.

My home blind is the "Wildlife Viewing Area" at San Angelo State Park, maintained by the Friends of San Angelo State Park. In this spot you can expect me to give regular updates on the species that I find and some example pictures. This blind is my home blind because it is about 10 minutes from my front door. For especially this blind, but for others as appropriate, I will highlight other photo opportunities both in the immediately vicinity of the blind, but also in/around the local area.

I will also cover other blinds as I get to them, both public blinds (usually in state and national parks) as well as on ranches where landowners have set up blinds for a nominal fee. One review is in the hopper and others will come along as I can afford to pay for them.

I have created a Google Map of the blinds that I'm aware of in Texas and I will make that available as soon as I can figure out how to link it and secure it.

Thoughts, suggestions, etc? Let me know!

Again welcome and I hope you find this to be a useful resource.

-jim

No comments: