Sunday, May 4, 2008

May 3rd Report - San Angelo State Park

Time: 8am to 11am
Weather: Sunny but windy. Temperature from 51-59º F
Species: Good variety.
Doves (White-Winged and Mourning)
Sparrows (White-Crowned, Rufus-Crowned, and House)
Northern Cardinal (Male/Female)
Bobwhite Quail (Male/Female)
Wild Turkey (Hen)
Black Tufted Titmouse
Red-winged Blackbird (Primarily Male)
Brown-headed Cowbirds (way too many)
House Finch
Black-chinned Hummingbirds
Cactus Wren
Painted Bunting (!!)

I'd never seen a Painted Bunting in the park but had been told they were there. Not a "lister" for me (added that in a stop to South Llano River State Park a few weeks ago), but happy to see the bird in the park. [Update 5MAY: I got an identifiable image, but not one that I'm happy with. Next time...]

Outside of the blind I saw the following: Northern Mockingbird, Golden-Fronted Woodpecker (Female), and another bird which I'm working to identify.

No comments: