Tuesday, October 21, 2008

October 18/19th Report - San Angelo State Park / Full Disclosure...

No report this week from the blind. I spent a total of 9 hours this weekend for various projects associated with or in the park and it left little time for fun in the blind taking pictures of birds. Hoping to make it out this weekend to knock some points off the blood pressure.

As to the full disclosure... I have recently been elected to the Friends of San Angelo State Park Board of Advisors for 2008-2009. This is not a position I sought. Heck, I'm still a big fan of the old Grouch Marx line of (and I'm paraphrasing) refusing to be a member of any club that would have me as a member. But as I've volunteered a significant amount of time in the park to their events and I have benefited from the work others have put in over the years on the bird blind, it was an easy offer to accept.

No, I can't see this coloring my view of the park--I'm pretty darn happy with it to begin with. But this now lends a little louder voice to the photographers who frequent the park.

No comments: