Tuesday, June 17, 2008

June 15th Report: San Angelo S.P.


It's been a busy month this week so I'm not going to have my standard level of verbosity about my day in the blind.

Warm & sunny with no clouds to diffuse any of the light. Shadows were harsh and sun was harsh. Really not a good day of shooting.

I won't do the laundry list because there weren't a lot of changes. No titmice, but a good and multiple showings by the Painted Buntings. Bunch of Bullock's Orioles as well, though they're still not willing to pose real pretty.

The highlight of the morning was a pair of list birds for my camera. Bird 1 was a Yellow-Billed Cuckoo that I saw on the walk up. The image was obscured by branches so I will have to wait for a better opportunity to make a wall shot.

Bird #2 was a Ladder-Backed Woodpecker. It was in the blind and it was an okay shot. Lighting was tough and the focus was a hair off. Fill-flash would have helped. But it's not a bad shot.

Image: Ladder-backed Woodpecker (Male), San Angelo S.P., (c) 2008 Jim Miller


No comments: