Monday, October 25, 2010

Photo Blind Map Update and Upcoming Workshop at Block Creek Natural Area

I spent part of my weekend doing some much needed maintenance to my Texas Photo Blind map.   It had been far too long since I took the time to verify and update the information so now it may be reasonably correct, or at least as correct as the websites I used for reference.  I added a couple of sites, but sadly had to mark a couple others as either closed or unable to find.  As always, contact the owners of the particular properties to ensure that all of the particulars are correct.  I built an accompanying spreadsheet which I may share via Google Docs in the next week or so once I am certain that I can share it without sharing everything else I do in that forum.

Also in doing my updates I discovered the Block Creek Natural Area will be hosting Larry Ditto's "Texas Hill Country Birds and Autumn Colors" workshop November 4-6.  I'm not sure how much of the workshop will be in the blinds and how much will be wandering around, but Larry's work is superb and I have heard that he puts on an excellent workshop.  More information can be found at Larry's website.

Image:  Male Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis), South Llano River SP, © Jim Miller - jmillerphoto.com

No comments: