Thursday, March 18, 2010

Updates as we approach Spring - (UPDATED:3/18 @ 4:45 PM CDT)


Greetings friends. It's been a "fun" couple months since I last checked in. All I can say is that winter in the rust belt makes me miss my Texas home that much more...

Some important dates that you need to be aware of:

David Cardinal's Texas Hill Country Bird Photo Safari & Workshop runs April 25th to May 1st. His website reports that there are still 4 openings. David's pre-site visit last year produced some very nice images and his résumé speaks for itself.

Sean Fitzgerald's Los Madrones (Austin) Workshop runs April 30th to May 2nd. This one just popped into my e-mail this morning and I wanted to get it out as quick as I could. It is limited to 10 participants. More information is available at Texas Photo Workshop's site. Sean does some outstanding work and this is the 2nd or 3rd year that he has been doing workshops out of photo blinds, with last year being out at the Fennessey Ranch near Corpus Christi.

And last, but certainly not least, is David Middleton and Jeff Wendorff's Texas Hill Country in Spring Workshop. This runs from May 5th - May 9th, though the formal part of the workshop ends the evening of the 8th. Both David & Jeff are veteran photographers and workshop leaders. UPDATE (3/18 @ 4:45PM CDT): Photographers Alliance Workshop (PAW) is offering a $150 discount to readers of Texas Photo Blinds. Use the discount code TXPHOTOBLINDS during the registration process to get the discount. Thanks Scott!

If you have the vacation time and can work it right, you could knock out two of these workshops without having to travel very far in between and get a year's worth of instruction in a short period of time. Texas, I hear, is officially out of it's drought, which means there will be plenty of food available and plenty of food means plenty of critters.

Part of me hopes to get back to Texas while I'm in between academic terms, but that same part of me knows that if I do there will be a ton of Hunnadews to work (Hunnadew this and hunnadew that, and well, ya know...)

Your comments, reports, and criticisms are always welcome...

Image: Northern Bobwhite [Male - Colinus virginianus], © Jim Miller

No comments: