Friday, May 9, 2008

A late introduction...


Ok... most people start their blog with a post like this, but I was more interested in getting some information you could use out there rather than talk about myself. But now that I've more or less caught up to where I want to be...

I am an advanced amateur photographer. I don't profess to be a professional & I certainly don't have professional gear. Over the last 3 1/2 years I've exposed about 17,000 images. Most of those images have been nature or landscape related.

I maintain 2 other sites. The first is picturesfromiceland.com, which chronicles my extended visits to the Land of Fire & Ice. I blame Iceland for my addiction to photography. Amazingly enough it was Iceland's churches and waterfalls that initially fed the addiction. It wasn't until much later that I caught bird fever when I was introduced to puffins. Mmmmm....puffins....

The second is jmillerphoto.com, which houses my meager but growing sales outlet for my images. Many of my Iceland images are contained there, plus a few more from my current travels through the American Southwest.

For what it is worth, I have had images published in a few places to include a pair of books (Tin Tabernacles and Patterned Ground), a calendar project for the former NAS Keflavik, and several other publications and advertising.

I proudly shoot Canon Prosumer level cameras and lenses. My current body is a Canon 30D and when I'm shooting birds or dragonflies I will almost always have my Canon EF 300mm f4 IS L lens attached. My back-up body is a Canon 10D which usually has the Canon EF 70-300mm IS lens attached to it. In the blinds it makes a good tandem.

Ok... that's really enough about me.


Image: Painted Bunting (male), South Llano River S.P., (c) 2008 Jim Miller

No comments: